Born in Fredericksburg Virginia, Donna Hopkins was originally trained as a physical therapist and spent 15 years working with children with disabilities. Donna left her career to raise her family and care for her husband who faced a life-threatening health crisis. During these years as a stay-at-home mother, she found her second calling as a photographer.
Donna is best known for her fine art photography, exploring and exalting the subtleties of life. She notices everything, and with her camera pays homage to both the broken and the beautiful, immersing herself in the aesthetics of ordinary things. Her exposures reveal her insecurities, her wonder, her beauty and her hurt. Donna’s photographs have been exhibited in her community, featured in numerous magazines and licensed for greeting cards.
Donna is married to her husband of thirty-seven years, Dave, and they relish the simple pleasures of slow living, shared meals, and small travels. She is the mother of two grown sons who were the photographic subjects she loved first and still loves most.
• Honorable Mention, Liberty Town Arts, 2016, 2017
• Honorable Mention, Central Rappahannock Regional Library, Uniquely Fredericksburg, 2015
• Central Rappahannock Regional Library, Salem Church Branch, November 2016
• Central Rappahannock Regional Library, Headquarters Branch, July 2017
Juried Group Exhibitions
• Pursue Pictures, Honorable Mentions, Photo of the Day Gallery, July 2018
• Don’t Take Pictures, Wintertime, online gallery, 2018
• Central Rappahannock Regional Library, Uniquely Fredericksburg, 2015
• Liberty Town Arts, Feast for the Eyes, 2016
Publications & Press
• Click Magazine, Issue 33 – See It All 2018
• Cardthartic Contributor 2017
• Bella Grace Magazine, Issue 10 – A Year’s Worth 2016
• Bella Grace Magazine, Issue 7 – Instagram Spotlight 2016
• Uppercase Magazine, Issue 30 – Scenic Rural Views 2016
• Uppercase Magazine, Issue 26 – Lucky Find 2015
• Artful Blogging Magazine, Volume 9 • Issue 3, Creative Undoing 2015
• Uppercase Magazine, Issue 20 –photographs pages 88 and 95 2014
• Illuminate Photography Classes – Project Development and Fine Art, Instructor Deb Schwedhelm, February 2018